Thursday, March 31, 2011

my birthday

so once again, i apologize for being so far behind! here is a little update on my birthday weekend. it was the end of january, and anyone who knows me knows i hate my birthday. not the celebrating of my birthday, but my actual birth DATE. winter is the worst, and having your birthday during it is just depressing. it doesn't help that it's fairly close to christmas, and jamie will be quick to point out that it's only a couple weeks before valentine's day. he gets really overwhelmed with all these gift-giving holidays so close together! on top of that, the past 2 years my birthday was during a blizzard. not cool. needless to say, we never do much to celebrate. this year jamie was determined to make up for that! and make up he did!!! my actual birthday was on a friday. when i woke up i found a delicious carrot cake cupcake on the table from sophia and oliver! then i received a delivery of flowers, a balloon, and chocolates! i had planned to meet some of my girl friends (and their babies) for brunch, and we had a really good time. then that evening jamie, oliver and i tried to get an early dinner (and it was successful for the most part). and jamie brought home a strawberry shortcake, yummm! he gave me my card and inside was a description of a spa day jamie planned for me for the next day! it was at the peninsula hotel. i was scheduled for a massage and facial, but i also had access to the whole spa: the sauna, steam room, pool, classes, etc. i really wanted to take a pilates class, but the only one that wasn't during my pre-booked services was at 9am, that meant i had to leave at 7:30! (that was the only downside.) i had a great time. it was so relaxing. unfortunately the pool was a bit cold, but i got to eat my lunch by it and the view was amazing. then, that night jamie threw me a surprise party at our favorite sushi restaurant! (he accidentally ruined the surprise a couple of days before by posting something about it on facebook, but i didn't tell him i saw it.) it was a wonderful birthday and jamie is the best husband! thank you thank you thank you jamie! xoxoxo






me and oliver and our friends at brunch






the view from the pool


my delicious lunch!

1 comment:

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

It looks like Jamie made up for your bday being in winter! How sweet!!